View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez n u View Post
Completely standard box but mind you this is my 3rd gearbox lol, i think the oil in it helps a lot or else i dont think it would have lasted this long, i have used 3 liters of redline lightweight shock proof and 1 liter of motul gear 300 which seems to have worked magic for this box (touch wood). Also my redline is set very low around 7300rpm which creates a bit of lag between 1st and 2nd gear change which i think saves the gear box from getting the full brunt of the torque which also means the car has a better then 11.7 left in it for sure
being gentle like that is going to slow you down. 6 speed or PPG box and drive it like you stole it may reduce the time a little further. I'm surprised you haven't done this earlier, if you're on your 3rd gearbox surely someone must have suggested you upgrade by now?

add another 40kw and you're dreaming if you think it will survive multiple passes. I doubt the choice of oil will have had any effect on the longevity of your box...

JDM version 3 STi RA