View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:37 AM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
well well who do we have here...Huggy Bpresive
Nice write up and I like where this is going. I would go the G Force Rotas but thats just personal taste. You will be pleased with S Drives but probably not the price.
I would be getting it tuned asap if you are running the AEM CAI. The stock tune is rich and rubbish so you aren't doing the engine any favours by waiting imo especially with the CAI. Spend the money on a bigger WL rear sway bar and links and def an WL ALK if you are going lower on coils. Better brake pads also wouldn't be a pad idea.
Unless you are heading down the path of a bigger snail I wouldn't bother spending money on bigger injectors or fuel pump but again my opinion.
To be honest, the G Force were my favoured option. And the S-Drives are on the higher side of the 300's than I expected, but they are the only think keeping you attached to the road so its an area I dont want to skimp on.

Money isn't the issue for the tune, time is. Hard to find enough of it to have my car off the road for a day, plus I am in peak season for working away up north or out on the rigs so I am spending a fair amount of time away - so the tune unfortunately has to take a back seat for now.

WL gear, I've thought about it, but I will just see how it goes with coilovers for now. I was considering the upgrade to the fuel system as I have read a few guys have almost maxed out the IDC with similar mods. Plus I am thinking about setting up a dual tune (if its possible), one for 98 and one for E85 which will probably need some extra flow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
Win
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Lowering springs or coilovers + a tune will be happy days.

Welcome to the pain that is FBT.
The company can pay the FBT, and as mentioned coilies on this Saturday (just in time for the cruise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
thats better than impresiv
Cheers, 2012 > 2011