View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben_STI at standard level

Hi everyone,

Since I am also trying to install my sensor/gauges, I would like to share with everyone my horrible experience since none of my friends really will appreciate why I want to have the gauges installed. I got a 2nd hand of the Defi gauges + wiring + accessories......everything you need to install.

I put in the sandwich plate with the sensors, turn on engine, oil spray everywhere into the engine bay.......spent an hour next cleaning it up. Realised that the rubber o-ring has hardened due to previous installation. (yes I know....please laugh at me)

Just got a new rubber o-ring yesterday and will be going to do it over the weekend.

After reading this post, I have mixed feelings about the plate but I don't want to fiddle around with the original sensor in the engine block. I try to attempt to ensure that it is install properly and not become a fire hazard. Any advice?

And also, if possible please advise me on instructions on wiring coz that is the next thing I am going to do and hopefully I will not have another horrible experience.

Please laugh and provide useful info for me.

Ta

Noob Ben