View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Scooby_001 at standard level

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help Rossco on this previously. Ive now completed the conversion - installed my loom and it was spluttering like crazy but zeroed it down to 2 dead coils - got replacements from US (same model numbers) and it runs great now - ive just got 1 kinda major problem.... When im driving normally its usually fine but when i turn on the aircon, it basically bunnyhops - at first i thought it was a problem coil but it seems like its complete ignition cut for a split second at a time, not just a single coil - i think its way too intense to be just a single coil. When ive got the aircon on and its idling its fine, it just happens when i accelerate (even in neutral) once i pass about 1600rpm it starts doing it. I thought it maybe the extra load the aircon is putting on the engine but it doesnt happen normally when im going up hills so i guess it cancels that theory out. Ive tried to also cancel out the following :

- voltage drop - replaced battery but also tested the load voltage across the battery and its only about .08v difference between aircon on and aircon off at 1700rpm - both sit about 13.8v
- tried adjusting the IGN vs Bat and Dwell vs RPM settings temporarily but no difference
- Reset the PowerFC to defaults and went through the initial setup process but still did it after that which cancels out any tuning issues

It sometimes happens when the aircon is off but very rarely - whatever is causing it, the aircon being turned on is increasing it - Right now im pretty much out of ideas - as far as im aware the only things that change when the aircon is on is the extra load on the engine and a little bit of extra voltage drain - is there anything else?

Hope someone out there can help cus summer in oz sucks without aircon as you probably know

Thanks
Rich