View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
Is the above Beemer the bike that On 2 Wheels said had all kinds of computerised trickery and it had something like 3 modes, one which was totally idiot proof with DSC and detuned etc.. then a full slick mode where no aids at all are in place?

If it is that bike, the article made me think long and hard about one of these but I am too much of a fat bastard to be comfortable on one!
Yep, has 4 modes - Rain, Sport, Race & Slick. All do various things with throttle response, lean angle, peak power, traction control, wheelie control, ABS etc. Also has quick shifter (clutchless upshift) from factory which is awesome.

Need to ask BMW for the special key to activate Slick mode as they don't allow it from factory, "Too aggressive and everything is turned off". Makes the throttle incredibly sharp and yeah you loose all the ABS, Wheelie control etc. Dad has it and last time at Collie threw it in slick and it did feel more urgent.

Big thing is its massive power, pulls away from any other thou with ease. On the track bike, much lighter & more hp than stock I have massive drive on it out of the corner but it just walks away down the straight.