View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Having a love hate relationship with this thing at the moment.

Honda VTR 250.

I got it at a bargain of a price with the intention of learning how to fix my own bike before getting a decent big bike. In that sense, it is working well.

Whoever had it before me had the hands of hercules and a lifetime supply of locktight. First week, I was just doing the basic oil and filter change. The oil filter bolt would not budge. I used a two foot breaker bar and it strpped my socket out. Bought a new socket and it rounded the bolt. Was about to drill it out until I got a quote on a replacement - $100. Filed it down two sizes and finally got it off two days later.

It originally had some aftermarket handle bars on it which didn't suit me so I changed them back to the originals. Again, just to undo the bolts and screws holding it all together took a full day.

Changed brake pads today and bled them. Seems the pad pin broke at some point so a dodgy replacement was used. to hold it secure, it swear it was welded in place. To top it off, to get a screw driver in straight you need to take the exhaust off. Sure enough, those bolts were rusted in place as well. Then had another fright when the piston would not push back in.

Still, she runs smooth and is great fun. Just went for a blast today through the hills and haven't felt this good since I bought my first car.
Attached Thumbnails
001a.jpg   002a.jpg   004a.jpg