View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Stifull at standard level
Default Hi from Brisbane..

I was searching the web for info re replacing the shifter joint and came across your site. I thought i may as well join up and say g'day .. I used to live in Mossman Park many years ago in a block of units oposite the Mossy park pub..I spent about a year there working at the Fremantle golf club..
I have always had a passion for rexs ever since i drove one in 93 and a few years ago once I no longer needed to have a van for work and children I bought one.. We now have three. Until a few months ago we had four.. Here are some photos...These are all taken on our property...

This is my daily drive..

This is my wife's..

and with the old mags on..

This is my eldest daughters...

My Blue one has a 2.5 engine that we imported from japan. It has all the usual stuff, vf22 turbo(NO lag in a 2.5), divorced down pipes,injectors,pump,water sprays, 3"TBE, CAI, sways, links, ALK, front tower brace, King Lows, 4pot upgrade with slotted disks and Goodyear F1s on 09 WRX mags that I had painted Gold. It only runs 16 lb and is safely tuned to 180 kwatw. 1/4mile in mid 13s being gentle on it and an esky on the back seat.... Wonderful car to drive..
My wife's Bugeye has much the same stuff except for stock turbo and is 150 atw tuned for min fuel consumption as she does a lot of ks. When we sold her last rex it had 302,000ks and still going strong..
My daughters has 206kwts atw and is like driving a 2 stroke with the VF22. Nothing, nothing then whack....off she goes. She still can beat me at the drags.

Well thats about it. We have 3 dogs

A few other toys. I recently restored this old 91 XR250 that had been lying in a paddock for 3-4 years...

We also have a couple of Corollas that the other children drive. Great cars.
I have become reasonably knowledgeable over the years and hope I can contribute to the site.. Cheers..

PS.. I spent ages trying to put correct size photos in avatar and signature but to no avail.. ..