View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
Someone should tell Doug, yellow and green should not be seen!
That Sparco driving suit is almost 20 years old!....and it still fits! Quality Italian made. Made to outlast several rally cars. Still gets the moistys moist Alex...

We had a bit of a shit rally, but with an ok ending. Had a massive 'Giggi Galli' style lose into the hairpin on cold tyres on SS1, just managed to get it backed into the corner on the 'wand' and made a hero of myself while totally shitting at the same time. Then 'Rubbed' a concrete barrier showing off on stage 2, Busselton on Friday night. Knocked the rear bumper and tail light off it but nailed a decent time. Got right into in on the first gravel stage on Saturday, tyres are working well, new nav working well then lose power 10k into the first stage just at the spectator point. I thought it had done the turbo. (was brand new) but turned out to be the engine losing compression and blowing oil out the exhaust. We suspect we got a tank of shit fuel as 3 other cars had the same problem. I couldn't get the car to the end of the stage, shut it down when I saw a slight fire coming throught the bonnet vent 3 km from the end. Got the fire out and back to service where we did some emergency MacGuyvering to get it running again for the Buselton stages. Had to drop boost to gate pressure only. Ran ok all day Sunday with low boost and got back to 3rd WA for the day and won our class for the weekend.

I've got a load of in car action to get up on youtube in the next few days. It was quite shocking to pass Nic's car in the trees, just saw it as we went past way off the road. Hope he can get it fixed for the next round.