View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally_Action View Post
There is a couple of reasons why we didn't say much at the Healthway Loop spectator point.
1.) We had no rally radios and were not informed Nic & Ash had gone off the road. Didn't know they had crashed until the stage was cancelled due to the bush fire.
2.) Had we known, we wouldn't have said anything anyway. Have to be careful speculating on accidents at events. There is a process to follow and if the incident is serious, family/friends/service crew, need to find out through the proper channels, not from commentators at a spectator point.

Thankfully the guys are not seriously injured and I believe the car can be repaired even though it looks a mess.

Was a trying rally for many teams this year, not many made it through unscathed without some sort of drama.

I'll get an event wrap up in this thread and on FB in the next couple of days.

Great photos BTW.

Karl
Karl

Thanks for the comentary, its the first time I've heared you do that and it was informative.

I did notice that the "comentary crew" were more or less ticking the cars off between the start and coming round again, and Nick was missed, and there are many reasons that a car may or may not finish a stage, most are mechanical, but I agree, not much can be said and, if there are any injuries, they need to go through the propper channels to get to the crews and families.

Something that may help the comentary team next year, and most of this information is supplied by Rally WA on their web page, is have Rally WA supply you guys with a bit more information to make your job easier. eg maps of the stage, Kinky they weren't sure where the SxS would be travelling, (I gave Ollie a copy of the stage map from the web which cleared it up.) Results could come out via say 000 car, or another vehicle which follows the stage (and can pick up from Rally HQ when their there)

The idea is to help you guys get over the PA accurate and reasonably up to date info to the crowd. This may improove next year as the Rally WA page gets more known for its live timings, but this is not accessable in some of the spectator points.

Keep up the good work.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/