View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rally_Action at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
Karl

Thanks for the comentary, its the first time I've heared you do that and it was informative.

I did notice that the "comentary crew" were more or less ticking the cars off between the start and coming round again, and Nick was missed, and there are many reasons that a car may or may not finish a stage, most are mechanical, but I agree, not much can be said and, if there are any injuries, they need to go through the propper channels to get to the crews and families.

Something that may help the comentary team next year, and most of this information is supplied by Rally WA on their web page, is have Rally WA supply you guys with a bit more information to make your job easier. eg maps of the stage, Kinky they weren't sure where the SxS would be travelling, (I gave Ollie a copy of the stage map from the web which cleared it up.) Results could come out via say 000 car, or another vehicle which follows the stage (and can pick up from Rally HQ when their there)

The idea is to help you guys get over the PA accurate and reasonably up to date info to the crowd. This may improove next year as the Rally WA page gets more known for its live timings, but this is not accessable in some of the spectator points.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the feedback. The commentary for me was a last minute thing.
I was asked if I could help out particularly with the WARC having local knowledge of the stages and competitors. Personally it is a pet hate of mine when commentators do not have much knowledge of the competitors or cars.
It would certainly help to have up to date results, I'd love to see that improvement for future events.
Guess I'll see if I'm able to commentate on future events. It will depend on whether I am servicing or competing....
[COLOR=navy]Rally Action Driver Training[/COLOR]