View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahjaMan View Post
So the STI I recently obtained has an ecutek tune on it. I want to get rid of it and start afresh. Got a mate I know who is a nut bag with computers and want to work with him to tune the car.

Ecutek has obviously locked the ecu, we've tried writing over it but no go. Have heard that Cobbs Accessport would be able to rewrite over ecutek but there are no Cobbs available for ADM vehicles.

Evo's have an unlocking tool to unlock and rewrite over the top of ecutek tunes, but limited to support for Evo. I'm wondering what my other options are?

If no alternatives, where would I be able to send my ecu to get it flashed back to stock (also removing the lock in the process).

I'm not doing anything illegal, as I wish to delete the ecutek tune, so no infringing on any copyright or IP theft is going on. I simply wish to be free to tune my own ecu!

Thanks guys
You do have to take it back to an ECUtek agent to get the flash removed.

Being a 'nutbag' with computers and tuning a car are two totally different things.
Understanding how a computer works and understanding how an turbocharged internal combustion engine works, and makes power, safely is not the same thing.
NOt saying you can't do it, Just do your research first.
really if you can use Windows, you can use most of the tuning software thats available.
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i