View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

thanks heaps for your input guys, thats the car i was talking about..i cant really justify the price tag then if its in that sort of condition...i was expecting it to be in awesome condition but by the sounds of it its not...

ill keep looking....really i want to find a eagle eye STI, i do have a budget but will to spend around the 30k mark give or take a bit...i have found a few nice ones in the eastern states but im just not sure at this stage if its gonna be worth my while getting them brought over to wa.

does anyone know of a mate or anyone thats thinking about putting there eagle eye sti on the market soon or something...seems like they are pretty dead in WA atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee View Post
I'm pretty sure I went to see the same car you are looking at. Crystal grey with sunroof? If so then...

My comments on inspection;

- It has an ECUtek tune, not a Verso tune.
- The body is in OK condition, but it does need some TLC in my opinion. Front bar has some paint removed near the bonnet, I was suspicious of how this would have happened, you'll see what I mean if you have a look. Few dings here and there
- Rims have bad gutter rash, pretty much all of them
- Interior is below average. Front seat bolster is completely worn. I couldn't live with it - but I'm anal about my cars, might be OK for others.
- Sunroof is a great gimmick.
- He couldnt remember if it had an upgraded fuel pump or not. (A common upgrade when doing tune, zorst etc)

The guy is a great bloke, but you get the impression he is not a Subaru enthusiast.

On the test drive I felt it wasn't quite 'right' Call it gut feel, but it just didn't have the pull of a well sorted car, lag was hideous from a 'tuned' car. I would have expected better.

It may well be a good car, but my gut instinct said hold off and wait for another.

The guy is dead keen to offload it too, so if you really wanted it you may get it for a good price.

Cheers
Zombee