Thread: Targa Tas 2012
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 03:15 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Leg 2 out of the way today.

Brendan is taking a couple of seconds a stage out of us and should be about 20sec in front once the times are sorted out tonight. Stage 10 had a rolled car and the muppet held up a SOS sign for every car even though they were ok. We basically came to a halt and I had my belts off and helmet unplugged by then only to be told that they are ok and we are about the 20th car through post accident - so there will be some major changes in the overall timing for today in the results.

The east coast threw up all kinds of weather today and defendant on where you were in the road order the conditions varied significantly. We did every stage in the greasy wet - not really raining but constant drizzle and wet roads. Across the top of the sideling this afternoon we had fog or as I like to call it cloud! Visibility was around 20m max for 3/4 of the stage. Is interesting when you have to trust the notes even more than usual. Kept me amused telling my driver to hurry the fuck up as it is a 5 ahead not a hairpin!

Dean is out as per above with a dead dak dak. Although actual diagnosis has not happened and a leg put of bed cannot be seen or confirmed.

John O'Dowd is level pegging us and taking a few here and there in the 12 hr car.

Tomorrow brings a new day and many stages we have never done before. Normally we stay in launceston until Friday night but we are going to strahan for 2 nights this year which will be very different and keep the crews on their toes as the west coast can be very cold and wet. - we will have 3 days in the west this year compared to 2.

We are in front of Stewy Liddle every stage by a few seconds but as I keep saying very early days yet.

All in all quite happy just running our own rally and having a look how it all squares up at the end of each day.

Oh and top speed yesterday was 214kph in the wet.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi