View Single Post
Old 24-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I must be old too then, because I agree.

[FLAME SUIT]
Like the cops who accidentally killed the mother in Morley the other day. One has been stood down pending investigation. Had they not given chase and waited until the go ahead was given (they had requested permission 30second earlier) they would have lost the car. What are they supposed to do? Pull over and wait for permission? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I can tell you right now, that intersection has LOADS of clear visibility. Had the lady driving been paying attention and not gasbagging to her daughter in the passenger seat (and most likely looking at her intead of the road / glancing around the intersection as she passed) she may have seen the cop car, with lights and sirens on coming from her right hand side. It was a patrol 4x4 ffs, bit hard to miss! Just speculation, maybe this wasn't the case, but we'll never know I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for her, and its a terrible terrible accident, but I don't think the cops should be held at fault. They have to do their job, their job is to catch criminals, sometimes, there is collateral damage... sadly in this case, a life was lost, and it's not a fair trade off over a stolen car, but like I said, accidents happen every day!
[/FLAME SUIT]

Would be so hard to be a cop, no wonder so many of them leave the force