Thread: Clutch slip
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Scoobie Noobie

mr_rotary at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrxion87 View Post
park your car on flat ground - stick it in 4th or 5th and try and take off, if your revs go right up like your in neutral its on its way out. The car should stall. otherwise get your throw bearing checked. $85 for a new one. Also see how long ago you had clutch fluid bled might need new fluids - new fluids always help.

is the pedal shuttering on shift change ? as the pedal comes up ?

is the pedal squishy the first inch or so then firm ?

is your car sqeeking like a mouse under the bonnet when your sitting and not moving with the clutch disengaged ? and then when you engage the clutch the noise goes away ?
if your car has done 185 without a clutch change i would say thats extremely impressive but id assume it has if your the second owner ?
Tried the 4th gear trick and stalled so all good. First thing I did yesterday was check the level of the clutch fluid. Correct level but far from clear. Looking through all my receipts I can't see when the last time it was replaced so this is the first thing I will do tomorrow.

As for your other questions has none of those symptoms.

I also re-checked my receipts as I've owned the vehicle since 2009 and 125 thou km's. I have receipts back to 75 thou and no sign of a clutch change. However having owned heavy duty clutches before, it does feel heavy for a stock clutch so it may of been replaced some time in it's past? Just no receipt of it.

Coke trick, that's a new one!