Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

catcha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Quick query:
Couple years back a 'mate' of mine reversed his dads car into the side of my parents car In a school carpark.
Both being young and fairly minimal damage (crazy exesses)
We decided to both just pay out and fix rather than claiming
Plus I was way to nice and innocent
I had to pay out couple of grand to get all the damage fixed and extensive respray to my parents monaro
He only had a abused vx/vz wagon, and would have been a cheap Lil bit of damage
Anyways, both cars still drivable, and we both agreed to just fix our own damage

BUT. GET a call the otherday from RAC trying to claim some colossal amount, like twice what his dad fkn would've been worth, including a couple of grand of towing to some bodyshop down I'n manduara (from greenwood)

I would ask my 'mate' but yeah Dnt talk to him anymore, he written of a couple of cars, including a rx, been done for DUI and is just a bit of a knob.

Now-I'm not paying this - it's the most corrupt shit, Iv got no paper work, don't even think I kept my invoice.
Any tips/advice?

Ps: if u ever have an accident, unless they are a really close mate, don't agree to just pay for your own unless you get it In writing& singed n shit.
Yeah people are nice and all now, but they can turn into a bit of a kent latter on don't the track when the need some cash
Or maybe it's just RAC doing the dodgy lol
Guess insurance companies gotta make their profits somehow, just yeah be careful guys.
I wouldn't worry his word against yours. its done on private property police don't get involved even if you had call them on that day. just tell him to piss off and he doesn't have a case. Someone can correct me but I was in a similar situation back then