View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

You make some very good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
The fact of the matter is: without a good tuner in the car that can diagnose things (like small amounts of knock through amplifiers) , I worry that people are going to be thrashing around in "work in progress" tunes by some fly by night email tuner that disappears next month when half a dozen engines pop. Thats not something I wish to see happen.
I would not like to see that happen either. The approach we take is to look at the current tune in the car, and then make some gentle changes, playing very safe, and see how the car responds from the logs. Nasty occurrences like detonation are often visible in the logs even without looking at the FBKC and FLKC parameters, which are part of a standard log file. With repeated iterations of the tune we gradually creep up to the "tuned" condition rather than just take a guess as to where we might end up, and potentially be wrong about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
If I get an email tune and am expecting to pay $430 and get an invoice for $1257 because it took longer than a usual tune, I would spit chips
We provide a fixed price before you place an order. That's it. It's the same as when you order coilovers or a brake kit or a turbo rebuild from us.

I am seeking testimonials from existing customers and will post those as I can. Here is one to start.

Quote:
Dazzz168 from OzFoz:
I'm very 'throttlehappy'!

I have had my stock MY11 Forester XT 4EAT Tuned by TH and its simply superb to drive. Response is instant, smooth, and very controlled. Gear shifts from the 'so called slushbox' are now DSG like! So super smooth that I often do not notice the gear changes unless I look at the revs. People who ride in my car are immediately surprised at the refined feel compared to the stock tune.

The TD04 is a small snail which obviously runs out of puff up top, but TH has done it justice! Going 0-100kmp/h in just 6.5 secs (down from 7.9 secs stock), the car does not feel like the turbo switches off after 5200rpm any more. Torque is nicely spread out across the rev range making it an excellent and quick daily driver.

Great job throttle happy.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au