View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
Are you implying that more pistons = better?
Absolutely, but I am not going to try and justify that, instead I will let you read what others say.

HowStuffWorks "Performance Brake Calipers"

PBR Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
Would your 8 pots outperform the 4 pots that come on current model VE HSV's and replaced the 6 pots from the previous model VZ HSV?

Not trying to be smart, genuinely interested in your justification...
I have just Googled VE HSV brakes and failed to find a spec for them. The HSV site is pretty useless too. I did find a comment on a forum that said 18" wheels will fit over the 4 pot Clubsport brake setup, so on that basis I am going to suggest that the rotors will be no bigger than 356mm. If we replace the HSV brakes with a Kido 8 pot kit of the same rotor diameter I expect to see an improvement in braking capacity. If we increase the rotor diameter to say 380mm we will see a very significant improvement. The reasons for this are explained in the links above.

On a side note, the last HSV I owned was a VX GTS which had 6 pot calipers with (from memory) 330mm rotors on the front and 4 pot calipers on the rear, so it looks like HSV are almost going backwards in their brake setups.

Me picking up the car way back in 2000.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au