View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012, 09:59 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
at the moment i want to upgrade the supension/steering before i worry to much about the power or looks , i would like a bit more grunt but putting a turbo in my car would be messy and expensive so i would be happy getting 150kw atw from upgrading the engine if that is possible?
Not sure how much luck you'll get chasing 150kw... there's not much out there for N/A engines aside from exhausts and intakes (unless you want to start talking thousands of dollars, but that's getting into conversion territory), and they don't really give huge gains either. Main reason people go down the path of selling for a WRX or converting to a WRX/STI engine.

Luckily there's plenty in the handling department... WRX 4/1 pot brake set-up does wonders, and you could pick up a set of coilovers or STI struts and springs and drop them in for better handling. Sway bars can be done but something has to be changed in the rear so you have the mounts to attach them up... can't remember what exactly but it's a matter of swapping two bits out for WRX items or just having a bracket welded on.