View Single Post
Old 21-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozend View Post
xforce do the full stainless steel cat back single out for $856 (apparently an easy bolt on?)

anyone have any reports on the Invidia Q300?
Installation shouldn't be too hard, should be able to do it quite easily with 2 people, some jack stands or a hoist and the right tools.

Should go something like this...
  • place on hoist or jackstands
  • soak bolts/nuts in WD40
  • loosen everything up
  • remove muffler from rear hangers and remove it
  • remove centre pipe and everything up to the downpipe (will need to remove the rear O2 sensor as well)
  • do the above steps backwards (with the new exhaust)
  • leave everything loose until you are happy that it all fits up
  • start tightening up
  • start the car up and check for exhaust leaks
  • remove jackstands or remove from hoist

Pretty much what I did when I helped a mate do his exhaust a while back, pretty easy as you don't have to replace the downpipe at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
Have a chat with Rob @ Ultrex, I reckon for a few bucks more you could get a full turbo back, then just fit the cat back section. Then you'll have the dump pipe ready to fit when funds are available to tune. That's what I've done.
Not a bad idea in practise, but possibly not feasible for the owner at this point in time.
Gives you plenty of time to speak to a couple of tuners and get all the answers to any questions you may have before making a choice on who will work on the car!

Guessing that the Ultrex cat back section will be 3" diamater and won't fit up to the stock downpipe without an adapter?

Last edited by Soksta; 21-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.