View Single Post
Old 26-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

These are good enough for home use, but don't expect 500 mbps mine sync at about 110 where I have them, however if I move one to the bathroom I get 230... pointless though however both plugged in to the same power board; 50mbps. Go figure.

From my research they basically work plugged in anywhere this side of your meter box.

What is your shed made out of? If its steel you'd be lucky to get a decent wireless signal in anyway. Eop should do the job. If your shed is on a separate circuit I would plug the one inside the house as close to the meter box as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
I assume it's a shared media? Like Wireless, or Telstra cable. So, if you have 4 of these on the same phase or circuit or however they work, there would be a shared 70Mbits between all devices, for arguments sake, rather than 70Mbps for each, like traditional 10/100/1000 Cat5/6 to each PC where each device has the full pipe to itself.
I'm pretty sure each one you add creates its own links to the other. I have a pair of net gear 500 mbps ones, and the included software shows you (from whichever one you are connected to) the up and down sync speeds to each one.

Having said that, I would still prefer cabling... in my house down south I went nuts with cat6 and ran it everywhere... including my shed. But now I'm in a rental

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Alternate; 26-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.