View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
Ok how do i say this without being rude....
I will do what i want and you can do what you want if i want to get off my ass and help someone find their car i will because i am sick and tired of all these nice cars being stolen by d**k heads and you can't always rely on the police. So i want to be involved in finding the car or at least helping with where they were last seen

And if you don't want to worry about then go ahead but others do care and i understand if the car is insured and the owner was selling it but if it was my car i would want to get it back and hope it goes to someone who would look after it not some douche who is going steal it and thrash it.

On the final note it is not the owners fault the car was stolen if someone had the plan to steal a car they would do anything to get it ,luckily the person was not violent but it could have been worse. I would say if your selling a car have a mate in the backseat just in case

Feel free to voice your opinion but i don't care

End rant/
Everyone is sick and tired of the increase in car thefts but we all have insurance for a reason. Of course it is better if we get our pride and joy back in one piece as it was taken away. Yes majority of people get their car back as it left then run into engine troubles and always think that it's been thrashed like never before. In that case I rather have my car burnt out, panels, glass beaten up and engine blown than getting it back and thinking the worst of it. End of the day it has been stolen and used as a getaway car, it's not going to be babied around like a getz.
Look at the sti that was stolen from ASG and it was spotted all over the place and it just kept on paddling along away from the cops. The police don't give a shit especially if you've got insurance, it's the first thing they ask you when your car is stolen. The most thing I hate is someone innocent always gets hurt from police chases and we don't want this to happen or anyone to get hurt from the criminal behind the wheel of a stolen car.

If we happen to drive around and spot the said car parked in the driveway of a house then we could stop down the road and get hold of the police with the address etc and that would be a quick catch. If I'm driving down the road and I see it driving past on the opposite direction am I going to turn around like a cop car and start following in his direction or just leave it and report it where it was seen driving. You're not going to drive behind it, stop at a set of lights and approach the thief, you don't know what's coming your way. He could be armed with a gun or stab you to death.
We could urge all the motorsport clubs around Perth to go out and look for the stolen wrx, we don't have any power to approach the criminal behind the wheel of a stolen car so we'll all cruise past him and let him be dealt by the law.
First thing that would run in my head would be "I'm going to get some ID from this stranger I don't know this stranger that's looking at my car I'm going to hang onto my keys at all times and only let him drive it when I'm in the car".
It's the lack of thought of having a stranger around looking at the car. Have to be prepared no matter what.