View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
STI Master

ALPHA at standard level
Default Have I killed my TD04?

Quote:
*** Turbo isn't dead - connected the vacuum lines up so it was running waste gate only - no boost controller and it holds a dead flat 6/7psi "TDO4L factory waste gate pressure" ***

As some of you might know from my other posts around the forum, I'm
running a FMIC setup with no blow off valve. It's got a sexy flutter sound when releasing my foot from the pedal. It's ultra rice and easy worth +10kw.

Anyway I think it's stuffed my poor little TD04. It's happens all of a sudden and after many hours checking my vacuum pipes in guessing it's got something to do with the turbo itself.

When boost comes on its spiking to almost 18/19psi then dropping down to almost 8/9psi then if it feels like it it's jumping back upto 18/19psi again.

It's odd because even when it's acting normal "does hit normal boost sometimes" it still feels very low on power.

Just wondering if the factory wastegate in the turbo sounds like its stuffed due to the flutter/no BOV setup I'm running.

Cheers.

Problem is also compounded by the fact my car Alarm has shat itself and It takes me 1/2 an hour to get te car started at the moment.

2001/5spd GD
Stock turbo
FMIC
Buttler exhaust

Last edited by ALPHA; 13-06-2012 at 09:40 AM.