View Single Post
Old 18-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza_GT
Hey

i am one of those guys who wishes he had antilag but doesnt. But i have a way of producing very similar results with a bit of effort. I am not sure if its my exhaust but theres a thing i do with the accelerator pedal, and i just want to share it with everyone.

Driving in second take the car upto approx 3500-4000rpm (this is wicked for when your slowing down), then lay of the accelerator and let the revs drop slowly, now this is the vital part. As the revs begin to drop around and just before 3000 lightly touch the accelerator on and off and on again (it should lightly interfere with the revs dropping but no acceleration). For really good results do it in second going downhill so the rev holds at 3000. Also in the wet you get some crazy explosions.

When you get the touch right it awesome scare the hell out of other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians (not that i do that )
I do this up my street when my Clubsport driving neighbour is out on the street, to show him how a 'real' sports car sounds.....