View Single Post
Old 25-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ginkumo12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLPAWS View Post
Did u buy this from someone in Attadale? I remember seeing a Gumtree add not that long ago for one of these an in got me curious. I hope ownership works out for you as fixing any problems that arise could be an absolute nightmare. That being said it is cool having a car that is very rare, esp if it is in good nic. Something that most WRX owners would not get . . .
I got it in Ardross. Nice guy. He's giving away a free plastic outdoor dining set if anyone's interested. :P
I'm going to do some preventative maintenance on the car. The weak points are transmission heat, wheel bearing strain and brake rotor warping.
I've found a tranny cooler for $200, and some cheap wheel bearings. I'm still wondering where I should source brakes from. I could always go for brake sets from wreckers and drill/slot them.
A lot of the problems in this car (including the above mentioned) come from the sheer weight (1600kgs of it). I'd like to keep the car luxurious to a certain extent, but there are quite a few things that could go. I've read the standard seats, hood, and boot lid are good things to swap to shave a few pounds.
I'm not confident enough in my own skills to strip the car to replace sound deadening tar with "quiet car" The Key QuietCar Products
but it would be an improvement.
The exhaust is also a culprit in the sheer weight, but that would make way for a higher flowing system.

Need.To.Get.Back.To.Work.