View Single Post
Old 27-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Turned out to have 2 EG Leaks in the up-pipe and cat gaskets. Car sounds pretty nice now that they are fixed!

As you all know we are at 210HP on the restricted GC WRX TMIC and not spending a full amount of time on tuning this current setup - just putting it extremely conservative so I can get around town for a couple of weeks while we wait for the Silicone Y Pipe to arrive.

I have asked Mao to also organise the Walbro Fuel Pump to be installed prior to the final tune (Should have done this already but I overlooked it, too. Oops!).

I like the VF28 already - the car feels more like a car I guess. TD04 seemed to have this quick little zip as soon as you put your foot down but runs out very quickly. Opposed to this VF28 which when driving at normal speeds and rpm, there really isnt much boost happening at all (dont need it at this stage anyway), but when you put the pedal to the metal it quickly creeps up on you. This turbo I can feel myself being pushed back right into the redline which is much better, and what I expected to feel when I purchased the car in the beginning.
Alright, Round 3! Walbro pump is in, STi Top Mount is in - Power Hike to 240HP. Mao and Warrick are 100% confident that the little EJ205 that could (haha) make 240HP will not last more than a few months. So I am making a decision from now as to how my 'Subaru Life' will play out in future.

I was going to enter the mid-year Rally Sprint. This will now not happen. I will look after the car for a while longer... long enough to organise a company car, or a salary sacrifice.

The GC8 Will be used on Weekends until the motor dies - in which case it will be put into storage until such a time as I have the spare cash to do a proper rebuild into a 207.

The decision for me now, is will I pickup a 2012 WRX on Salary Sac, or will I just get a run-around like a Focus/Lancer/3/i25/Impreza RS.

I would like a 2012 WRX dont get me wrong, but the idea of a new cheap daily that costs nothing to service, and a monster built GC8 down the road is delicious indeed.