View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
As I said on facebook awesome car sir.

All jokes aside which one do you think is faster? One was designed from the factory to be a racecar and the other is a family sedan with a monster motor and associated mods bolted in but has the inherent comprimises in geometry etc.

Brendon
Straight line subaru of course, i think the CS (430hp) does a 12.0 down the 1/4 whilst the STI (800hp) has potential to do low 10s.

On the track im not sure yet, mainly because i havent put the CS on there. But on first opinons i think it would be bloody close.

The CS is so low to the ground and is very stiff this equals to very little body roll. The suspension is much harder than my ohlins on the STI. There is fantastic feedback between turning and steering wheel, just a small turn will send the car in the opposite direction.

The brakes are phenomenal there a brembo 6pot carbon ceramic front and 4pot rear but with a car that weighs in at 1200kg it stops on a dime.. The tyres are pirelli corsa corsa which John at wheels world thinks are better than the ad050s.

Performance is pretty dam good as well i was pleasantly surprised with the grunt it has..

So on the track it would be pretty close the STI would eat up the straights but not by a long shot but the CS would dominate nearly any car on the twistys imo..

I have never driven the STI to its full potential so if i have i think it would win but as it stands now the CS is alot more predictable especially when the rear gets loose so i think it would win especially on a track like AHG or collie.. If i get the car on the track at some stage ill be able to find out.

I used to think my STI was close to the ultimate driving experience, engine sound combined with the wastegates and all the little creaks of the suspension combined with the STI recaros, MoTeC dash and shift lights in the steering wheel..

but this just dosent compare to the sound of the CS V8 reving to 8500rpm with the upshift changes so violent, combined with the downshift blips which are truely fken epic and then your tucked in to the carbon race seats with full harness... its just wow.. i can never get tired of it..