Thread: SVX splooged
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ginkumo12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Never trust a tow truck operator who's not a pure-bred pedigree bogan.

Update; The bonnet cable wasn't broken as it appeared at first. We finally managed to undo the bonnet catch through the grille and found that the cable had been cut and joined to a remote boot release solenoid that was defunct. So one can only assume the bonnet has not been opened for quite some time!

Pressure tested the cooling system and found the system to be sound other than a leak from the heater core inside the cabin. Step one is to by-pass the core to determine if any other damage has been done to the engine when it overheated. At this stage it appears to be ok, so finger's crossed. Later on the owner can elect to repair the heater core but be warned it is a massive undertaking on a SVX. It would probably make more sense on an old car like this to rug up with more clothes in winter!!
WOO!
You the man! I'll be sure to bring you some decent coffee when I rock up to pick it up xD
As for the heater core, if it needs the attention then give it. I want to maintain most of the luxury aspect of this car. So getting the AC and heater to full operating spec would be ideal.
I'd appreciate any updates to costs as it will give me an idea of how to organise my funds for other things.
While it's there, I might as well ask if a transmission cooler could be fitted.
I also have a list of other things I'd like to replace on the car, if you don't mind me asking. I might as well throw in what I can while it's there.