View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Mr. GC8 at standard level
Send a message via AIM to Mr. GC8
Default Clunking noise on front passanger when accelerating

Hi guys!

Can somembody help me I have 97 gc8 and I recently stuffed up my centre diff on my gearbox. My brother and I just found a replacement second hand 4.44 gearbox for my ride..

Anyway while taking off the cv joints out we forgot it had pins to release
For the gear box and we gave it a good tug for a while but didnt realise that we forgot to knock out the pins anyway we eventually got it out and replaced the gear box..
we took if for a test drive and on 3rd gear I took my foot of the gas an applyed the brakes and it made a thumping vibration at the front of the car so i completely stop the car to check it out for any damage to car not seeing anything wrong we drove it home and all the noise vibrations went away...
The next day we took it for another test and now when I accelerate theres a clunk, clunk noise at the front passanger side for about 1second after take off...can any help me and tell whats wrong? Could it be because we tugged on the cvjoints when we replacing the gearbox? Theres no tear on the cv joints boots and visually I cant see the problem...please help me?