Thread: Targa West 2012
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX View Post
Other guys I heard entering are Kerry Wade and Mark Connacher....also saw Ben Searcy out driving in Toodyay today so maybe he is getting his super quick EVO 9 thats been based on the east coast the past few years sent over.

Rullo is on the entry list for the Adelaide Targa so if he is doing Targa West he'll have to do a quick turn-around to get everything over there for the next Wednesday....although he does have 2 GTR's. I spoke with Steve Melitzky last weekend and he's definately not doing it. He's doing the Rallysafe IT for the GTI Performance Service Crew.

Not sure if Wilson's doing it though because he blew his budget on doing the Porsche round at Barbagello that he didn't end up doing....maybe he should have spent the extra $$ on getting the right license!

I'd guess O'Dowd would get the drive in the Fabcar because he'd be prepared to spend more $$ than Tolley....although Tolley might say "Don't you know who I am!!"
I was thinking about Searcy today actually. I think the last time he competed was 09 and he copped a penalty for something. Cant remember what it was for but he was certainly quick.

Rullo actually has 3 gtr's..... He is sending the best one to Adelaide and the other one here.

Unless Conacher has put a cage in his gtr he will be in challenge category again.

I think o'dowd has first refusal on the gtr but His main sponsor killarnee want him to do skids in the monaro. Who knows what will happen. If you cast your mind back to when fabcar had the first gtr's tollie was going to get one and jonesy the other. Tollie never did come up with the money and who knows if this will be any different. Also who knows how fast he will be first time out in a new car that is much faster than his previous chariots. I would not be surprised if jonesy got a call at the last minute to jump in the gtr.

Will be interesting to see what kerry wade gets to drive. His ipra evo VIII i would of thought would be all to hard to bring back to the field.

Other quick cars are kim legers IX wo i dont know is driving and also pollards 07 spec C. Also does anyone know if furness is / has rebuilt his car?

Brendon