Thread: Wrecking 02 sti
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
The caliper is physically much bigger, as big as the fronts. Still the same pad ironically. And Dave's caliper was machined, not the rotor. I'm in the process of getting my brakes upgraded at the moment. I dont think the smaller rear calipers attach without massive modification. Doug could probably explain it 100x better than me though.
Any rears at MY08 changeover is a pain in the arse. Dave's caliper came off an MY08 Sti and still had to be machined to suit.

In my case it almost impossible to get the physically bigger MY08 onto the Liberty without replacing the whole rear hub assembly. Shits me to tears. As to get the smaller <MY08 onto the rears still involve bog bones, specific rotors to suit the park brake or a park brake adjustment kit. Substantially adds to costs.

The MY08+ rear calipers aren't quite as big as the fronts but when compared against the previous rear calipers they are substantially larger.

Pre MY08 Rear Caliper

MY08 and later full set

My dream would be the MY08 above in silver and with STI lettering.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 18-07-2012 at 04:09 PM.