View Single Post
Old 19-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by T R3X View Post
So what did they say or explain to you? Because basically i was wondering the exact same things as you. Like i couldn't understand how factory stock subaru claim to be 195kw, then after my tbe and tune it read 170kw... It's definitely quicker than before by heaps and much smoother. So i just don't get it... I know there's different ways to read KW (wheels, engine, hubs etc) but i don't understand how to convert them...
All car manufactures quote power at the engine. This is worthless or just a guide to what a car can do.

Power (well torque actually) at the wheels is what makes you go fast. On an AWD car it's probably about 80% of the engine power. On a RWD car it's probably about 90% of the engine power.

A hub dyno removes the wheels as they add in extra inconsistencies, but by removing the wheels, they give a slighlty higher figure than a roller dyno.

Always use a dyno as a tool. Set a baseline. Don't get your knickers in a knot because someone in America with the same mods made 3hp more than you. They all vary, look only at your baseline. Once you have that compare any future mods and dyno runs to that baseline.

If you want a 1000hp dyno plot, find someone with a dyno dynamics dyno, slip the operator $50 and make sure he has a hot cup of coffee to drink when you do your run.
Master D (20-07-2012), mitchwnz (19-07-2012), T R3X (19-07-2012), teejay (19-07-2012)