View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
I agree with all the points above...but...IT needs to be flexible and allow the user to use what they want. BYOD is getting absolutely massive with a majority of corporates negotiating with the employee for them to supply their phone/tablet.

I agree in a perfect world, all Microsoft would be fantastic, but in practice there is always execs or "important" people wanting to break the mould.

Just my 2c, I try and make everything user centric and ignore the device, they are always going to change and want something just to piss me off

Drew

Yeah absolutely right mate.

We always try to cater and create solutions and workarounds where we can, and often the business comes to us with ideas and challenges which we will always look at seriously and try to develop a solution to achieve a certain outcome, but for the most part - we have a set of standards to keep for 98% of the environment (in this case, the end "customer" and the standard devices we set for them to use within the company).

We have no BYOD though, like an ISP. Here is your company phone, here is your company laptop type situation. Obviously a laptop for someone who is totally office based, compared so someone who is out on the road most of the time are two different things.