View Single Post
Old 26-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

My wife worked for a company that did not pay maternity leave..... The gov program was invaluable for us and having paid 35 years work of taxes I think we've earned the right to a little help back.

You can't claim BB and PM for the same child though as I understand it. It's one or the other.

"Parental Leave Pay and the Baby Bonus cannot be paid for the same child. Most eligible families will be better off receiving Parental Leave Pay rather than the Baby Bonus. If you meet the eligibility criteria for both payments, you can choose which payment is the best financial decision for your family"

If others are of the mindset if you cant afford them don't have them.... we sold our house, sold our "newish" car and have had zero debt and moved regional to make ends meet.

Pretty much these days a little help is needed with rising cost of living to raise kids. Wifes now back at work doing night shifts so we can get ahead finally without paying exhorb child care fee's, of which the workers seem to see bugger all. But that's for a different thread.

That said little bloke started walking this week so worth all the stress.