View Single Post
Old 26-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
So if we decide to have a kid we should be financially penalised by not getting any assistance?
Btw, no maternity leave, no other pensions or anything so income is pretty much halved.
Yes - that's the lifestyle choice you are making so deal with it.

Why the fuck should your lifestyle be subsidized by me? I've been paying taxes for 25+yrs and no cunt is going to pay me an allowance if I make some "lifestyle" choice and stop working.

I'd love to receive some paid benefit for doing fuck all. Instead, I go to work every day, pay my taxes ("allegedly") and contribute to the economy. I also have private health cover. For my 25+ years of effort I receive:

* NO benefits
* NO concessions
* NO subsidies
* NO allowances
* NO assistance
* NO handouts
* and the government still expects me to fund my own retirement!!!

My parents got on a boat in the 1950's and travelled across to the other side of the world - they did not speak english, had no education, no money and yet they still managed to raise a family of 5 without any handouts. It's amazing what you can actually achieve when you work hard and make sacrifices rather than expect others to "fund" YOUR decisions.

I have no issues with health care and disability assistance, but paid parental leave is a fucking joke!!!
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??