Thread: My Mini Project
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2012, 09:21 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

update:
Well after giving the car a coat of primer, I found that the primer was not compatible with the paint so spent a weekend sanding that off.

Spoke with a mate who is a bit of a Mini Enthusiast and have decided to take a different approach to the project.

I was going to try and do all of teh work myself, but have figured that the end product would be better with some expert input.

So the plan is (at the moment anyway):

Continue stripping the car back (took the heater box and dash tonight and found a $2 note) until there is just a rolling shell. Send the shell off to be repaired (any welding work) and painted.

Remove the engine and send this off for a recondition and mods done to the head to allow for straight unleaded fuel. I found that the entire head is internally caked with crap and the engine looks to be untouched since new. May look into 'upgrades' at this stage too.

Suspension may go to hi-lo's and lose the hydralastic system.

Front brakes converted to discs, recon of rear drums.

Retrim interior in black (as opposed to the current brown colour) with seats, hood lining, door trims and new black carpet.

Current wheels are 10x5's but may go for something a tad bigger, perhaps 13x7's if need be to fit new brakes.

or

I may just put in a half cage and have some fun......

Either way, am still loving the project and looking forward to getting it back on the road.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrclubspecevo4 For This Useful Post:
apg39 (14-08-2012)