Thread: Targa West 2012
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

We had a better day today. Managed equal fastest up the zig zag both times. Busted out some great hand brake turns and it looks like we are sitting in 6th at the moment.

The stage was stopped when summers in the viper came off and we all sat around while they cleaned the road up etc. They then told us to the nearest 10 metres where the car was and it was over a crest on the inside of the corner etc. I think van louenhout would have gone off there regardless of the viper. His older brother is in the gtr and he was being beaten by the evo. I think he was just driving on the limit and made a small mistake on a corner where there was no room for error.

Two of the 4 gtr's retired today with stuffed gearboxes. One was rullo's and after talking to iseppi they were launching it everywhere which is a great way to bring a premautre end to these boxes. Talk to or watch the likes of tony quinn and he rolls off the start and then gives it a bootfull.

Another full day tomorrow where we do nearly half of the competitive k's in one day so lets see what happens.

IMHO the 200kph speed limit is plain dangerous. Just imagine you are going flat out around corners and taking your eyes off the road to check the speedo. You get close and then you lift which a) unsettles the car and b) very quickly drops back off to 180 so you loose lots of time quickly. We wanted to run a speed cut but it was all to hard for our ecu apparently. Also it can not differentiate which gear you are in so you cant put a rev limiter in 5th at say 4500 rpm. I would rather see a longer restricted speed zone and then you can go flat out for the rest..... Having said that the limit does help the evo's and sti's against the gtr's.

Brendon

Brendon