Thread: Targa West 2012
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

The Spec C still has ABS from factory, maybe they deleted it for weight or simplicity? I left mine in and I'm happy with the way it works in my car. Chris are you using the homologated dual circuit hydraulic handbrake? And/or a booster delete?

Tim, I'm not keen on airbags. Firstly I would argue that they are of much reduced value when using a properly adjusted 5/6 point harness. Secondly, they are surprsingly heavy. Also they can impede a rescue and I prefer a suede grip wheel on suede gloves.

No incar pics from the camera car, not our job, too many other distractions going on.

How hard? In that video it wasn't difficult to keep up. The car was a challenge category so he's limited to 130km/h so easy enough when I'm unrestricted. Keeping up with Dean Herridge was close to all I had to give on good road tyres. Bear in mind I had been practicing all day and he was on his first and only run. Neither of us had competent navigators or notes. As long as I have this gig I'll probably not compete in QTW, instead now that I know the car has good potential I'm thinking of tackling some other rallies in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtrally For This Useful Post:
Jeckle (22-08-2012)