View Single Post
Old 22-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

R3X at standard level
Default Off into the Sunset....

Had some free time on my hand and thought it was time I made a driveway thread. Like most members on here my obsession with Subaru's began with a ride in one. I was on my learners and my cousin took me for a ride in his Version 6 and from then on I was hooked. Looked into buying one when I got my liscense but the insurance was to high, so i settled on getting a MY99 Liberty RX instead. In 2006 when they realesed the limited pig nose in Sunset Orange looked at getting but missed out. In 2010 I was looking through Car Sales and came across a MY06 STI in Sunset Orange at Duncan Nissan. I called them up went in to have a look and test drive and layed down my deposit came back a few days later and picked it up and I was Off into the Sunset....

The previous owner had done some minor mods through Maximum Motorsports. It had a 3' Butler TBE, walbro fuel pump and Ecutek Tune.

Since I've owned it I've added a set of Work Emotions CR Kiwami in matte black in 18 x 8.5 +38 with Bridgestone Potenza S-04 in 235/40/18. KW Variant 3 coilovers and a Perrin Radiator Shroud.

Next on my list I have a set of Perrin 22mm front and rear sway bars, Perrin anti lift kit, Perrin front strut brace, HEL braided brake lines, Perrin subframe lockdown system and 3 defi gauges. It's all waiting to get put on for when I get back to Perth.

Also I have rubbing issues with the wheels in the front and rear. The fronts are only when I go over speed bumps that they hit. The rears when ever there is abit of weight in the rear and going around corners to quick and bumps. When I get back to Perth gonna pop into to see the boys at STechnic and get it soughted out. They have a set of Whiteline Lateral links and some H&R camber bolts to sought out the rear, and roll the front guards to sought out the front.

After I get all the handling mods done I'm looking at getting a sound system put in and redo the interior. Not a big fan of the blue interior with the orange exterior. Then when fund permit rebuild the motor, bigger turbo etc etc, you all know how the story goes .

Hopefully I'll catch up with a few of the members at the Colin McCrae cruise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img7762n.jpg (67.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Edit2DSC_0399.jpg (81.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg WRX EVO cruise.jpg (54.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Tech9.jpg (85.6 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg rim.jpg (49.3 KB, 76 views)