Thread: Flam's MY11 WRX
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Flam at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-lang View Post
Hey mate car looks good. I've seen you around a few times namely karel ave/roe hwy i think. Enjoy
Cheers Steve. I'll give you a wave if I see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durx View Post
Was the paint job easy to do? Do you foresee any issues with it peeling etc, why did you paint over powder coat.
My mate's pretty good with these things. He's very thorough so it took the both of us a full day. But it was relatively easy to do, the only time skill becomes involved is when you pick up the spray can. As I said, we were quite thorough, and he's done this before without any peeling issues, so I'm hopeful the paint job will last. Paint over the powdercoat? As in without sanding everything back and powdercoating again? I wasn't too fussed this time round, it was a bit of an experiment to see whether it could be done, we scoured the surface, sanded any chips, and prepwashed it. I took working photos, so if you want I'll post those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durx View Post
I also notice you have had a ecu remap, has this changed the cars drive much, has the increase in power etc been noticeable
I had a significant increase in torque which comes on earlier in the revs. It has made my car infinitely more fun to drive. To be honest, I wasn't all that sold on WRX's until I got this tune. Now I know what all the hype is about and I'm loving it. Not a significant increase in power, but it again comes early on which has made a noticeable difference in driveability. It has enticed me to go the next step and get the TBE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
Welcome to Perth-WRX!

Happy to see another MY11 owner introduce themselves
Nice start on the mods and I'm sure you will get plenty of ideas for more!

Curious to know about this remap, guessing that it was just to fix up the oem tune?
Cheers Soksta, I've seen your posts, and I'm a fan of your car. Yeah, it was to fix the oem tune. See my answer to Craig.

Cheers Brett. Love your work also!
Enkei Raijin
KW V1