View Single Post
Old 24-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

My needs are a bit more power and torque in exchange for losing some low down response.

Current setup is a ADM EJ207 (05 sti) with a pro speed CAI connected to a Forced Performance 18GSL2 turbo (TD05-18G with an SL2 wheel I think?) 8cm, ported (whatever all that means, Ive forgotten, to do with exhaust housing...?)

This is connected to some equal length coated and wrapped perrin headers and to a 3in dumppipe and trust 3in exhaust. Ive de-capped the sti injectors and upgraded my fuel pump by fitting a Spec C in-tank anti-surge thingy and sti fuel pump. A M800 PnP controls it all.

The TMIC is OEM.

When this was all fitted (2008) it dynoed 300hp/417Nm at the hubs @ allstar. It runs a bit rich and over the years its dropped about 10hp I suppose?

Ive since read that the turbo I have, the FP18GSL2 was a bit of a dud and has had some failures, mine is fine but hasnt really been pushed and car has only done 30,000kms in 4 yrs.

So, what turbo would possibly suit me? For a bit more hp/Nm

Btw, I do appreciate the feedback your providing, I genuinely am a bit out of date with the scene. :-)