View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
After going i dont umderstand all this really.
Im genuinly not having a dig at anyone in the next part, i just feel it needs to be said.

What fucking pipe are you smoking Shane? Seriously, you car is a absolute dream, the car is about progressive as you could make it from every aspect of the set up. Ie suspension, tyres, brakes etc etc.etc.
You cant say in one blog say this car is going to see barbs, collie, rac.etc etc etc etc in yet the next week say " the car needs blah blabh blah. This is a daily, i dont know how to drive so ill get a STOCK 13yr old gc and Learn to drive?!?!'

If you keep changing the goal posts, setup, idea about the car you will blow $50k and should have bought a M3 or something.

In all honestly, if this was me, throw away the dyno plot, put the crack pipe down and realise you have a mint setup car that is begging for someone to "learn to drive it"
I understand what you're saying Dave. Its not that car is never going see the track at all. I'll keep tagging along to skidpans with it and keep learning. Believe me I love the car and the improvements made from when I bought in 07 to now.

I just figured seeing some guys with similar setups were making much better torque than me so I did what I always do, ask/phone around

The whole track-hack thing is a long term thing. I'm only a Uni student, casual worker so there is no way I am attempting this now but I think it's the most sensible way to get into some fun competition + learn at the same time (in something I wouldn't care about denting I might add).

As said though I do get what you're trying to say mate.

Getting better. Still somewhat retarded.