Thread: Targa West 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Thats a good point Brendan, really what are the differences in cars between yours and Franz's? Interior?
Not taking a thing away from franz becuase in my opinion his x is a full fat adm evo x gsr. I would love to have seen it weighed but i believe it would have been well over 1500kg's. Mine is less than 1400. The dead give away is the battery. His still has a full size one in the boot. Putting a lightweight one under the bonnet is the easiest 20kg's you will ever save.

If you were serious in showroom you would completely strip the shell and pull every bracket etc out. Mine is done to the letter of the group n regs because i figured when i want to sell it some dirt guy can then buy it. Showroom / modern tarmac cars have full reign. You can cut doors as long as they look standard at first glance. Vandenberg's IX was running carbon mirrors and door cards in showroom in tas. He also did not have carpet which is supposedly a requirement. He also had two big holes in the boot so he could change the rear diff faster. They can still run the sexy supertraction diffs as well. Ecu's are free. Im not complaining for one millisecond because he drove far better than i ever would. He put a showroom car 3rd outright in that super strong field. Dean evans put his evo x rs showroom 4th outright. Ahead of jim richards et al.

The scales they had in tassie were so crap they weighed a mate of mine then him and his wife jumped back in and the car only weighed 40kg's more. They are skinny but not that skinny!

Imho it has turned into an arms race and moved well away from probably only 10 years ago when the biggest thing was getting your 'targa plate'.

I think it needs to slow down but getting something fair and equitable is extremely difficult. The easiest thing to say would be no supercars because they are too fast. But the crowds want to see them. I am not naive enough to think watching 20 evo IX's & X's is going to pull a crowd. I have a few haor brain ideas on how ypu slow people down but will it keep them coming? I am keen to hear others thoughts.

Brendon