View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level

)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMY01Owen View Post
What model year is your car? Someone here will know if it came with AVCS, that will greatly affect spool?

What is a VF34/hybrid turbo?
Its the (MY04) Petter Solberg Limited Ed Wrx (the limitedness of my car alone should have brought it up to 1000hp )

I will clarify as soon as I find out but basically I was under the impression I had a vf34 fitted. Spikey called it s a "hybrid" turbo because it had a larger something or other (compression wheel or housing perhaps? either way it was a serious rookie error in not paying attention)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Got mac valve?
Cheers Jester, I have looked into it. I'll speak with Sean @ ASG and if it helps me I will have one put in either for its major service or with the retune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMY01Owen View Post
Another one for the gurus, does the 03 WRX have a catted up-pipe? And you mention you have a TBE, is it at least 3" with a high-flow cat?

As I see it, the cheapest/most efective mods for you at the moment for your goals are:

Better BCS - Mac or Grimspeed.
Replace up-pipe (if it's catted).
Buy a stonger actuator/do Tuna special actuator mod.
Cheers Owen, its an ultrex 3" tbe - pretty sure I dont have a high flow cat unless its apart of the ultrex design. As for the last 3 items I'll take a look at them all. cheers for the pointers

ps whats involved in changing AVCS?