View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Yeah I can have a look if I am in town.

Here's where I am coming from: I just worry after having seen so many cheap Chinese knockoff products fail over the years. I worry about people who are new to this game and think spending $550 on a tune for their new $50,000 car is a smart idea, and they shit a motor because they were too cheap to get a proper tune and the tuner tells them it was all their fault and they have to buy a new motor. Or spend $999 on a set of knock-off copy brakes and crash into a bus load of nuns with puppies and end up on the news. Personally for my car (when it works) I run Alcon brakes, they have a proven racing heritage, sure they have a price tag to match but I know when I put my foot on the brake pedal I'll have a caliper that won't shear in half due to low grade bolts being used. Same knowledge that my coilovers won't collapse or leak in 3 months and need a rebuild, but no one rebuilds them and there is no warranty. Same for the ecu, and the tuner I chose and the workshops I use. I'm trying to be the devils advocate here and save people from having, at best and expensive lesson or at worse a fatal accident.

I know you're trying to establish a business, help fellow car guys out and I can appreciate you sticking around after copping as much shit as you have. Maybe some motorsport testing of the various components you sell would ease my mind, or a disclaimer that they are for road use only if they aren't designed for the track.