View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Jon911 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
ergh, the builder I'm using uses Technika. I'll be looking to replace it within a couple of year after all the reports I've read about the oven glass imploding while cooling down
This happens to a lot of ovens, not just Technika. However, they are rubbish. Builders promote it as a $5000 kitchen and then give you next to nothing when you don't want it. Builders get them at a cheap price so it works well for them.

The builder will generally say that they won't insure or won't install your appliance if you pick it yourself, but if you put the pressure on, most will cave in. Otherwise most people just fit their appliances in themselves.

What people don't realise is that Cut-outs for things like cook tops aren't the same across brands. You don't want to have to worry about sizes later on and restrict yourself on what you can and can't put in.

If I were you, I'd take whatever rebate they'll give you to not use their appliances and buy something straight off. You probably won't get much off for it but it'll save you so much pain later on.

I see too many people complaining and unhappy once they realise that they have to settle for something that'll fit into their existing gap rather than buy something they want because it'll cost them too much to modify it.

Do it right the first time!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon911 For This Useful Post:
Soksta (12-10-2012)