View Single Post
Old 17-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level
Default Manual IC sprayers

Hey guys,

Using the ol Intercooler sprayer trick on the Hilux. I figure in summer having the intake temps over the topmount would be pretty niffty as diesels tend too dislike and or destroy themselves having high EGTs.

First off, im assuming that lower intake temps will directly affect the Exhaust gas temps. Not looking for being able too make more power, just keep the EGT's down. Especially when the muddies are trying to plod through sand.

Secondly, how exactly would i wire up such a device? Would i be correct in saying id chuck 12V constant power too a relay, switch the relay with a manual switch under the dash and put the other side of the relay too the water pump that i would mount on the side of a fairly sizeable water bottle down the back of the tray? Throw the water lines from the pump straight up too some misters over the TMIC and not requiring a one way ball valve as gravity will do its job?

Also, wheres the best place to purchase a nice water pump/mister nozzels from? If there is a thread on this (as i have searched but came up with automatic types) can ya steer me in the direction.

Cheers guys,

Elrico.