View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Tonight was the Antilag Time Attack night. It was here I wanted to test the tune Warick put in the car & give these new wheels & tyres a good go. My previous PB was 58.7 (on R Comps) short track & tonight I managed a 56.4 on street tyres.

The RS3 tyres are fantastic. I had 6 runs and it was only by the 3rd or 4th run where they really started to grip properly (guess they needed to be worn in a little??). The sidewalls seem soft, as there seemed to be a fair amount of turn in sidewall flex going into the corners, but I got used to it by the end of the night & learned to love it. Either the tyres alone, or the tyres & width of the tyres allowed me to have so much more confidence in the car....

The car felt awesome tonight, it ran so well. Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get it this far. Ongoing support from Mao & Warick @ Evolution R, Matt from Auto Pro Canning Vale & Paul, Neil, Ray & Robbie.

So stoked. My first trophy I honestly believe with a set of R Comps and more seat time, with the car in its current guise I should be able to get 1.5 - 2 seconds off the above time.

Admittedly some of the quicker AWD cars were not there tonight. But saying that, they normally run on R Comps & get to & from the track on the back of a trailer. I drove my car there on street tyres, raced it in the same form as I drove there, raced it some more & drove it home

Simon.

Last edited by RoughStilin; 31-10-2012 at 06:34 AM.