View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 02:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Been a while so just throwing up a quick update. Since my last post I have had a Walbro fuel pump installed along with a new radiator, as both old units were starting to cark it.
I also had the guys at STechnic disconnect my fuel pump starter relay off of the brant as the damn thing had the hugely annoying tendancy of not kicking in...hugely frustrating especially as I HATE having anything wrong with my car (apart from the hail dents, learnt to live with those lol). Amazing how something as simple as your car starting first time every time can now seem like a godsend lol

Also managed to get down to the recent beginners skidpan day, which was my first chance to really test out the new handling mods; Sway-bays and struts+springs. Results are incredible!! Such a huge difference in the way the car reacts to inputs and so enjoyable provoking a bit of oversteer in the fast kick-back corners Pretty surprised at how forgiving it is too; after a few runs I really started pushing the boundaries but no big tank-slapping moments (*Jezza cough cough ) at all. Tyres are definitely the limiting factor at this stage though, so I'm guessing that's why the closest I got to losing it was some scrubbing and no big 'let-go' moments...now I really want to get down to barbs to see how I stack up in a timed event!

Anyway tl;dr hugely enjoyed my latest track-day and super keen to get more time in the car doing what it was made for...putting a smile on my face! Now that the little niggles have been sorted it is again my dream car