View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
This.

No offense intended whatosever to Doug, great guy whom I respect, but the instant reaction of omg get it to stechnic is ridicilous at times. I also understand the desire to support the people who support us, but not everyone is ecomonically positioned to throw dollars at a service which can be done for less.

"save up and get it done right" Whats there to do right about dropping oil and filling it back up then any competent mechanic cannot do? Especially when the owner is supplier the oils he wants used?
The only reason I suggested Doug is because he has always offered the right service at the right price. From the initial post I assumed the quote was from Race Torque, so I figured he should get a check price from Doug.

As I have said and Doug has clarified, it is not a simple oil change for $100. The guy is selling his car and I'm sure the last thing he wants is a seller walking away as the car hasn't been serviced as per the log book or it reduces his asking price since it has been serviced incorrectly.

It is up to the OP how he chooses and where he chooses to get his car serviced.